-
April 18th, 2001, 03:45 PM
#11
Inactive Member
I've been looking forward to seeing Bridget Jones's Diary, but I don't know if I can see Renee as Katchoo. I may amend that statement after the movie.
I'd vote for Mira Sorvino (or me! *g*) as Katchoo; especially after seeing the Replacement Killers.
But Darcy...? What about Delta Burke? Okay, don't everyone throw rotten veggies at me all at once... I wouldn't have thought of her in a million years, but while flipping through channels the other night, it got left on Dag, and I happened to look at Delta, and my jaw darn near hit my lap. She had a champagne glass in her hand and was giving some creepy Darcy-esque stare. It reminded me of the party scenes in vol. 2. She's not Asian, no, but with the eyeliner she could get away with it. The hair needed some work... maybe a little styling gel, a finger in an electrical socket... (kidding! I love Darcy's hair, actually)
Are we all making a SIP movie dream team here? 
-
April 18th, 2001, 05:30 PM
#12
Inactive Member
As to Renee's weight, she gained 20lbs. to play Bridget Jones, then promptly lost it. (How anybody loses 20lbs hat fast is beyond me, tho.)
My ideal Darcy has always been *drumroll please* Joan Crawford!!
Too bad she's dead.
I wish we had a choice for Fran besides Jennifer Connelly. The woman just can't act. And obviously, is too skinny. But her face does resemble Fran so much. The only person in Hollywood right now with anything even slightly resembling Fran's luscious bod is Kate Winslet.
Aela
-
April 18th, 2001, 08:41 PM
#13
Inactive Member
Yeah yeah, okay I was wrong, she HAS already lost the weight. Anyways, try this one for size ;-) David = Keanu Reeves?
Flatline
-
April 18th, 2001, 11:54 PM
#14
Inactive Member
Dude......most heinous......... 
Keanu is only capable of such a narrow range, he is only good in roles that fall into it...luckily, Neo fell into that range...
HOwever, we are missing probably the most important person:the director. A bad director could turn SiP into a straight-to-video sort of thing...the basic premise is not original, nor is the crime drama story. It's how Terry creates the world and characters with his storytelling that makes it unique, and I kinda see that being a director's job, given a good(Terry Moore written) script....
Any ideas?
OH, here's one for Freddy-Trey Parker(you know, the blonde one of the pair that created South Park) Nah, he doesn't look like him, but could play him to a T. Or, actually, maybe Bruce Campbell would be better.......
[This message has been edited by Darth Fett (edited April 18, 2001).]
-
April 19th, 2001, 01:25 AM
#15
Inactive Member
Jennifer Connelly can't act? How dare you! Sure, she did "Career Opportunities", but did you see "Waking the Dead" or "Dark City"? She's absolutely gorgeous as well. She would just need to put on some weight. As far as Katchoo, that's tough. I like Joey Lauren Adams a lot, but can you imagine Katchoo speaking with that high-pitched squeal? And for director? Why, me, of course!
Actually, I'd probably rather see SiP as a series, either live action or animated, because, honestly, if you're going to tell any bit of the story, it should be the WHOLE story. And I don't see a series of 10 or 15 films working out.
-
April 19th, 2001, 05:16 PM
#16
Inactive Member
i think both Mira Sorvino and Rene are totally wrong for Katchoo. Mira is only good at playing Ditz's. If you
ve seen mighty Aphrodity you know that. And Rene Zellwegger is too soft and cute to play Katchoo. If you tried to convince me that Zellwegger was an alcoholic former hooker with the viscious mean streak who was capable of killing someone I'd laugh in your face. I'd second Kate Winslet, as long as she call pull of being helpless.
Who could play Katchoo? I would've said Drew Barrymoore about 5 years ago but she's possibly the most horrible actress ever. It's a tough call.
-
April 19th, 2001, 05:52 PM
#17
Inactive Member
i still say chloe sevigny as katchoo; have any of you see the movie "kids"? horribly wonderful. and although i love kate winslet, not blue-collar enough for me. too victorian, not enough working class 
-
April 19th, 2001, 08:51 PM
#18
Inactive Member
Okay, as a brand newbie I'm gonna risk the flames and say.... Peta Wilson as Katchoo. She can do hard as ice gun moll, soft and sweet friend plus has a husky low voice. Only problem I see is she is 10 inches too tall. Maybe Darth can use a light saber and relieve her of her excess height? 
-
April 19th, 2001, 10:04 PM
#19
Inactive Member
-
April 20th, 2001, 11:21 AM
#20
Inactive Member
has anyone seen "Nurse Betty"? Ren?e Zellweger plays quite a weird character there. a little bit craziness of katchoo...
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks